Survey: Nearly 2 In 3 Have Lost Or Had Stolen Their Wallet

MoneyTips

Have you ever experienced that sinking feeling when you reach in your pants or purse for your wallet, and it's gone? You're not alone. According to an exclusive MoneyTips survey, 62% of respondents have had their wallets lost or stolen. More than 1 in 3 had suffered both from wallet loss and theft, while 36% of those admitting misplacing their wallet did so repeatedly!

"These numbers remind me to limit the credit cards and cash I carry, and to make sure I know how to contact every credit card issuer in my wallet," says Greg Scott, an IT professional and identity theft victim. "I should probably also keep a copy of my driver's license, insurance cards, and other 'wallet stuff' somewhere safe. Just in case."

In an exclusive MoneyTips Survey conducted in November of 2018, we asked:

Of the 509 respondents, 316 (62%) admitted losing their money holder (we'll use 'wallet...



from MoneyTips https://ift.tt/2UlE5HC

Comments